I think I woke up too late this morning. I promised myself last night that I would wake up early to continue writing my thesis lab results and analyse them. The dateline is tomorrow by the way. But I couldnt get myself to really finish it all up and get my reward. Ah, yes. My reward. An evening out to the movies and maybe some shopping spree with R. :)
I'm currently reading 2 novels. I have just reached Chapter 9 for Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I haven't watch the movie since the cheap DVD i bought rosak. Cheap. :P Edward Cullen is dangerously handsome - as described by the author. Sumpah I tak tengok lagi the movie but I do imagine Edward Cullen is R, just in different skin tone. Ahaks, don't think I'm racist ya. Because I know that would be the first thing that came through your mind too.
The second novel is Behind The Scenes by Anita Notaro. I borrowed this from the library and I think the due date is tomorrow. Which I will also have to remind R that his books is also due tomorrow. Behind The Scenes is a story of Annie, a struggling artist trying to make it to the silver screen, and Libby a well-known celebrity chef who just lost her husband and refuse to get back on her feet. She depended on her husband too much that she didn't even know how much money she has in her own bank account. Her husband - David English, is a famous and should I say freaking rich businessman. He died of heart attack.
I usually read Twilight during my thesis writing break, and read Behind The Scenes before I go to bed. I have the habit of reading before going to bed. Even if it's the buku ilmiah - Sedimentologi by Felix Tongkul or Geologi Petroleum by Sanudin Hj. Tahir - just to get the waves in by brain tuned to sleeping mode.
Honestly, I prefer Twilight now since it involves romantic stuff and I repeat - a dangerously handsome and literally dangerous Edward Cullen because he's a vamp. Not really a vamp because he haven't really told Bella Swan what type of bloodsucking creature he is. So, please don't spoil the ending if you're deciding to comment on this post. Save it for yourself.
Thesis writing is in progress. I have advanced from doing corrections on my map and from the writing I did in Project 1 to discussing my laboratory results. Sometimes I think it is just ridiculous that I had to adjust my findings just so the graph will look smooth, or eliminate certain data which I couldn't explain the nature of it just so I wouldn't have to explain it in the discussions. Not good, right? I know.
I'm looking forward for the internship. I will be supervised by two Geologists. My work will be involved in Core Analysis and Geotechnical Laboratory Analysis. Pretty much like what I'm doing for my thesis right now. So I guess it's nothing really new. Except for the fact that they have better equipment and super efficient software as compared to doing it all manually in uni. Seriously, last Thursday I cried in the lab because my Falling-head Permeability test failed miserably. I have tried to detect the leakage - any leakage possible but still the water just flowed out. I was furious that it brought tears to my eyes. Luckily I was alone in the lab. And so, I had to adjust a little bit of the data. I can't possibly wait for the experiment to succeed. It's not human error. It's just faulty lab apparatus.
Which really frustrates me because the uni has been spending tons of money on maintenance i.e: cat pagar yang masih nampak sangatla cerah warnanya, or cat bangunan canselori yang dulunya cantik berwarna putih merah dengan warna biru, oren dan pink yang amat hodoh. The uni looks great from the outside but seriously people, the lab apparatus is like shit. Makmal potong batu tu, time budak-budak sibuk nak buat thin section tu jugak diorang nak renovate. Time cuti dua bulan dulu tak buat apa-apa pun. Luckily I did my thin section for Project 1 that I don't have to worry about it any more.
I haven't gone out under the sun for about a week already I think. So I'm planning a swimming trip on Monday evening - God willing - and maybe a picnic by Likas Bay in between papers and after the VIVA. And maybe a karaoke session, a bowling match, a pool match with R, a movie marathon and maybe a trip to the islands? (macam sangat tak mungkin je dalam masa yang suntuk ni)
And I still haven't booked my ticket to Miri or KL. =.=" aduhai...
I'm currently reading 2 novels. I have just reached Chapter 9 for Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I haven't watch the movie since the cheap DVD i bought rosak. Cheap. :P Edward Cullen is dangerously handsome - as described by the author. Sumpah I tak tengok lagi the movie but I do imagine Edward Cullen is R, just in different skin tone. Ahaks, don't think I'm racist ya. Because I know that would be the first thing that came through your mind too.
The second novel is Behind The Scenes by Anita Notaro. I borrowed this from the library and I think the due date is tomorrow. Which I will also have to remind R that his books is also due tomorrow. Behind The Scenes is a story of Annie, a struggling artist trying to make it to the silver screen, and Libby a well-known celebrity chef who just lost her husband and refuse to get back on her feet. She depended on her husband too much that she didn't even know how much money she has in her own bank account. Her husband - David English, is a famous and should I say freaking rich businessman. He died of heart attack.
I usually read Twilight during my thesis writing break, and read Behind The Scenes before I go to bed. I have the habit of reading before going to bed. Even if it's the buku ilmiah - Sedimentologi by Felix Tongkul or Geologi Petroleum by Sanudin Hj. Tahir - just to get the waves in by brain tuned to sleeping mode.
Honestly, I prefer Twilight now since it involves romantic stuff and I repeat - a dangerously handsome and literally dangerous Edward Cullen because he's a vamp. Not really a vamp because he haven't really told Bella Swan what type of bloodsucking creature he is. So, please don't spoil the ending if you're deciding to comment on this post. Save it for yourself.
Thesis writing is in progress. I have advanced from doing corrections on my map and from the writing I did in Project 1 to discussing my laboratory results. Sometimes I think it is just ridiculous that I had to adjust my findings just so the graph will look smooth, or eliminate certain data which I couldn't explain the nature of it just so I wouldn't have to explain it in the discussions. Not good, right? I know.
I'm looking forward for the internship. I will be supervised by two Geologists. My work will be involved in Core Analysis and Geotechnical Laboratory Analysis. Pretty much like what I'm doing for my thesis right now. So I guess it's nothing really new. Except for the fact that they have better equipment and super efficient software as compared to doing it all manually in uni. Seriously, last Thursday I cried in the lab because my Falling-head Permeability test failed miserably. I have tried to detect the leakage - any leakage possible but still the water just flowed out. I was furious that it brought tears to my eyes. Luckily I was alone in the lab. And so, I had to adjust a little bit of the data. I can't possibly wait for the experiment to succeed. It's not human error. It's just faulty lab apparatus.
Which really frustrates me because the uni has been spending tons of money on maintenance i.e: cat pagar yang masih nampak sangatla cerah warnanya, or cat bangunan canselori yang dulunya cantik berwarna putih merah dengan warna biru, oren dan pink yang amat hodoh. The uni looks great from the outside but seriously people, the lab apparatus is like shit. Makmal potong batu tu, time budak-budak sibuk nak buat thin section tu jugak diorang nak renovate. Time cuti dua bulan dulu tak buat apa-apa pun. Luckily I did my thin section for Project 1 that I don't have to worry about it any more.
I haven't gone out under the sun for about a week already I think. So I'm planning a swimming trip on Monday evening - God willing - and maybe a picnic by Likas Bay in between papers and after the VIVA. And maybe a karaoke session, a bowling match, a pool match with R, a movie marathon and maybe a trip to the islands? (macam sangat tak mungkin je dalam masa yang suntuk ni)
And I still haven't booked my ticket to Miri or KL. =.=" aduhai...
hope you won't get hooked on 'twilight'. it's really not a good book, story-wise and writing wise.
ReplyDeleteaih tertekan submit. what i meant to say is i hope you don't become a fanatic!
ReplyDelete:P
susahkah molah thesis?...
ReplyDelete