Two days ago I made an unplanned trip to the dumpster. Yeap. (If you're eating lunch while reading this please stop.) The actual planning was to complete a base map for the area. Its a small assignment for Environmental Geology. Since the map is mysteriously missing from the lab, my group and I decided to go empty handed - which explains we spent almost 30mins pusing-pusing sampai pekan Inanam instead of reaching Kayu Madang in Pekan Telipok. We collected about 2-3kgs of soil and 3 bottles of water samples around the area. Baunya, masyaAllah~!
This will be the new dumping site. After the topsoil extraction, they will fill it with geosynthethics material to prevent leaks. But geosynthethic fabrics is still expensive in Malaysia, I'm pretty sure they would just dump it like that and let the water leach all sorts of chemicals and pollutants into the soil. Which brings us to the case study of Research on Pollution in Soil and Water at Kayu Madang "Sanitary" Landfill Site, Telipok.
And these are the group members. I was so not prepared to go to field. Siapalah yang pakai aviators and turtleneck top ditengah panas dan berselipar bukan made-in-Japan itu? At least the others are wearing shoes. =.="
Sangat tidak menyelerakan, bukan? This is the water seeping out of the soil. I witnessed bubbles coming out from the water, and NO, its not the fish farting. There is hardly any fish at all!
I have no idea how can these two be so happy while I'm quietly chanting cepatla ambik, cepatla, nak balik, nak balik. I didn't want to climb up. Ok, not that I didn't want to but I can't. Tinggi bah tu, kalo sa jatuh konfem-konfem masuk air sampah ni.
Mudcracks yang saya rasakan artistic. KUNUN! :P Tapi sangatla berbahaya ok. I thought it was safe to walk on it since its the sign of "dried" areas. Truth is the mud clung to my selipar not-made-in-Japan that makes it feel like I have extra 2kgs on my legs.
Panjat-memanjat memang favorite pastime ahli Geologi. This is not very high and steep so can still climb lah. Takkan la nak jadi mandur the whole day kan? :P Don't care lah, I'm climbing with style~~ bwahaha!
The last stop is a pond not far from the dumpsite. This place spooky lah. Seriously. The sound of crow from the dumpsite and it looks like its going to pour soon - nampak macam movie hantu. Paya Berpuaka. Dan yang sedang mengambil sampel air itu adalah puakanya. HOHOHOHO~!-----
I was supposed to be at Manukan Island with coursemates today but Mom called me last night. Told me not to go because the sea is raging now. Makanya saya terpaksa berhikayat "sehari di tapak pelupusan sampah" buat tatapan sekalian.
sedihnyaa~~
=.="
yup laut mmg ombak dia kuat.
ReplyDeletexkre mcm mana aku p berenang ke dpn tgk2 aku mengayuh on da same spot. Kalo ann mmg dah kene bwk ombak le.
alah ok le 2 ada interesting journey kat landfill.
ololo..abg azfar yang snorkelling banyak ok.
ReplyDelete:P
i just sunbathed!
:)
but the weather is pretty nice and i had fun with the boat ride.
u can ask kak sharon, abg wan , cass dey all why...
:P
Hak3.
that kayu madang is also my site for geo chem, and i know how it feels to take the water there..
uwekkkkkkkkkkkkkk:(
ciannye..i was very2 shocked tau biler tau ann xdpt pergi.wuwuw..
ReplyDeletewas searching for u there but u wasn't there...
like lia said,manukan drift!
giler kot driver tue.hahaha!!
hehe... nice interesting funny and informative story gurl!
ReplyDeleteat least i know u doin well in geology besides datingology... hehe=)
stay cheerful and keep on blogging!
-evamae-