Saturday, August 23, 2008

an introduction




fitri norain binti mohamad tabib
21

"inspired to write by my closest friends. who will always be remembered and loved."

I spent countless times reading blog posts by friends and family members. Hoping one day i would have the time to start one of my own.
And today is the day.


My writings will be of real stories in life. Of friendships and love. Of the things that i will never ever tell in real life, but only have the courage to write it in anonymity.

Born when the stars aligned to Gemini on May 25th 1987, i possess the double personality of TheTwins. I turned out to be difficult for those who refuse to understand me.
I've built a wall not to block anyone out; but to see who loves me enough to climb over it.

A procrastinator. I tend to leave things to the very last minute. Who doesnt? The thought of meeting the dateline sends adrenaline to your brain. And that contributes to the energy and focus.
But im into change. I have recently discovered that i have matured in some ways.
  • i prefer jazz to loud musics
  • i dont jump around and scream for no reasons anymore
  • i turned into someone who is more calm and collected in most situation though i still lose myself to things that excites me!
  • i talk alot to my parents. i dont get angry at them for no reasons anymore.
An observer. Even the smallest thing can catch my attention. Just watching leaves falling from a tree. How the smell of lavender reminds me of Hari Raya Aidilfitri. How the sound of a housemate's car in the garage reminds me of daddy coming home from work. I missed being at home. But that doesnt stop me from pursuing my dreams of working on an oil rig. tough for a girl like me huh?
Daddy works with a well-known oil and gas company until i was about 9. Whenever he comes home he would relate the stories of working offshore on a platform or rigs or semi submersibles. as a mud-engineer -or so they call him then- he does loggings on core samples. Run tests on soils to determine how deep is the reservoir and the presence of gas. in short, he is a geologist. He always say that working offshore is very tough with the long 12 hours shifts and seasick vomits on the deck. but the highlight is always how they strike oil. The precious black gold. And that is how i fall in love with geology. To become an earth scientist.

Daddy would always call me to sit beside him in front of the tv. Telling me stories of his travels and experience in life. He's turning 58 this year. "orang tua lebih awal makan garam." He reads your mind and give you advices in the form of options. He tell you stories of "one time a friend of mine did this and that...." . He lets you think for yourself when making a decision. Though he may sound fierce, but he is just as lovable and caring as a father.

I portray mummy as an iron lady. Who always manage to keep the house in order and at the same time care for 6 children demanding attention 24/7. Married at the tender age of 17, she let go of her dreams of being a nurse. Whenever we joke about nak kahwin awal, she would say its a big world out there.So much more to explore and experience." and that is the spirit i summon whenever im losing my momentum.

Being far from home and missing my parents makes me lose my bearing. I have always been daddy's girl and mummy's little "fei chi".

But i would eventually have to learn to survive. Though I accidentally hurt myself -and my heart- and tumble in the dark along the way, the lessons learned and the experience gained was worth it.

The happiness that I have found is almost as rewarding after the tears and pain that I have gone through. The happiness that i found is Ahmad Reza. The love of my life.

And this is just the beginning...i present to you...

footprints of anne munchkins..







2 comments:

I heard something? :)